Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's late July already? WTF?



Wow.

So this is JulieAnna and I definitely get a big fat F for my summer blogging efforts. So what have I been up to (since I'm sure a hundred people are awaiting my updates with bated breathe)?

Well, I embarked on a multi-city, 2 week media tour with the Game Factory, publisher of family-friendly and casual video games. We met with media in New York, LA and San Diego to promote a bunch of cool new games that are launching this fall.

The first is called Zenses and we've been describing it as a "mini spa vacay for the brain," which seems to be working. It's probably the coolest thing I've ever pitched and I'm definitely addicted to the game. Heather is actually meeting with a mommy blogger in P-town right now to give her a demo. Fingers crossed she digs it too.

LA Times' blogger and tech writer Alex Pham got a kick out of it and blogged about it in July... check it out.

The other games are Build-A-Bear-Workshop: A Friend Fur All Seasons (they love their puns over there at BABW corporate!) This is a party game for the Wii and will hopefully be appearing in some parenting and family mags come this fall... holiday gift guides here we come!

Finally, the last game coming out is called Rubik's World and it will take players inside the iconic Rubik's Cube (an 80s geek fave). Rubik's will be available for the Nintendo Wii and DS (both games will be different).

To officially kick off the game's pending launch, we are searching for the next "King of Cubicles" - a professional slacker who will get paid to literally waste company time. Check it out at www.kingofcubicles.com. Some funny vids up there already but we need more applicants! Stay tuned for some radio interviews with R/West's very own John Basso (creative genius behind this campaign) next week...

So I guess that probably doesn't even scratch the surface of what I've been up to on behalf of R/West PR for the summer so far, but it's a start (and hopefully will keep Kendall satisfied for the week!) My tummy's growling so that must mean it's time to head home...

Peace out for now. J-LIT

No comments: