Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Change is a happenin'!


Wow, this has been a crazy month for our little PR department! There has been a department addition, two moves, and a baby - pretty sure that could be a movie title...

If you haven't already heard - Heather has had her baby! She welcomed little Olivia into the world last week, and we couldn't be more excited for her. We are loving the baby updates, and are looking forward to meeting the new little bundle of joy. But she couldn't get out of here before we were able to throw her a fun little surprise baby shower - complete with celebrity baby name games, a diaper cake, and the cutest little clothes you've ever seen!

We have also added another member to our department - we are now up to six, can you believe it?! Six!! (Plus one, for Olivia, of course...) Jill joined us just in time to meet Heather, before the new arrival...and we are very excited to have her! I'll let her introduce herself -

"As they say, third time is a charm, and after a couple moves between the Northwest and Phoenix, I am excited to be back in Portland. My dog is happy to be back in her native state, my dermatologist is happy my skin will get a reprieve from the sun, I am pretty sure my boyfriend is happy we don’t have to do the distance thing anymore, and I am happy to have found an awesome job at R/West.




I am a loyal Oregon State Beaver, and happy to represent (along with Jen!) in an office that seems to be full of way too many Ducks. My background is in Communications, having first gone the journalism route which led to a little reporting for the Arizona Republic. But, I had been spoiled having my own column in the Oregon State Barometer to muse on whatever crossed my mind, and covering the 2A state high school softball championship just wasn’t the same.  (No offense to my softball-playing friends, but there is a reason I do not play on the R/West softball team. As a competitive swimmer for 17 years, I have gills—not eye-hand coordination.)
When I am not caught up in the PR trenches, I am thrilled to be back in the Northwest for all of the great outdoor adventures this area has to offer. I am happy to have made it up here in time to enjoy the last of the beautiful Portland summer and, perhaps more importantly, the start of football season. I also still enjoy yoga, but I do prefer to take it into a studio.

Want to know more? Follow me on Twitter @jill_personius. I like to think of myself as a “cautious” social media adopter, but every once in a while you might pick up a thing or two."

In the midst of all of this, we've also had two moves - Jill has obviously moved from Phoenix to join us, and I have moved to a tiny little town about an hour south of Portland. Gotta love that morning commute!

So there you have it - that's the update on all the latest! Just in case you're wondering, H is out on maternity leave until the end of the year - but something tells me that her Blackberry will never be too far from her side...

No comments: